Your investment is in good hands. At Elite Properties, we work directly with prospects and tenants, saving you time, worry and money. We help with all aspects of marketing your rentals, collecting money and handling all repairs and maintenance requests. There is no hassle of employer overhead, as we are independent contracts.
Do you have multiple properties or units? Do you live out of town with limited access to your rentals/units? Are you unable, or do you find it difficult to find the needed time to invest in effectively and efficiently managing your properties? Are you familiar with the multiple housing assistance programs? Consider hiring Elite Properties, and let Elite Properties represent your interests; leave the landlording to us!
1. Rent Responsibilities
Handling rent monies is one of the most common responsibilities of a property management company, including:
- Setting Rent: Elite Properties is responsible for attracting tenants to your property. We understand the real estate market and compare the comparable properties in the area.
- Collecting Rent: We ensure optimal cash flow by setting a date to collect rent each month and enforce late fees.
- Adjusting Rent: Elite Properties can increase the rent by a fixed percentage each year, according to individual state and/or municipal law. We can also decrease the rent if we feel it is necessary.
2. Tenant Responsibilities
Managing tenants is another core responsibility of a Elite Properties. We are involved in all areas, including:
- Finding Tenants: Elite Properties are responsible for filling vacancies. We know where to advertise the rental and what to include in the ads. We also understand what attracts tenants, so we advise on how to help makeover the property.
- Screening Tenants: At Elite Properties, we have a consistent screening process, including running credit checks and criminal background checks.
- Handling Leases: This can include setting the lease term and making sure it has all the necessary clauses to protect the owner. This also includes determining the amount of security deposit required.
- Handling Complaints/Emergencies: Elite Properties deal with maintenance requests, noise complaints and they have the necessary contacts to handle emergency situations.
- Handling Move Outs: When a tenant moves out, Elite Properties is responsible for inspecting the unit, checking for damages and determining what portion of the security deposit will be returned to the tenant. After move out, Elite Properties are responsible for cleaning the unit, repairing any damages and finding a new tenant.
3. Maintenance and Repairs
Elite Properties keeps all properties in safe and habitable condition. We are responsible for the physical management of the property, including regular maintenance and emergency repairs.
- Property Maintenance: This includes performing preventative property maintenance to keep the property functioning in top condition. For example, they are personally in charge of, or must hire someone to, exterminate, check for leaks, landscape, shovel snow and remove trash. This maintenance aims to keep current tenants happy and attract new tenants.
- Repairs: When there is an issue, Elite Properties fixes the problem. We have a large network of reliable plumbers, electricians, carpenters and other contractors.
4. Knowledge of Landlord-Tenant Law
Elite Properties have an in-depth knowledge of statewide and national laws regarding the proper ways to:
- Screen a Tenant
- Handle Security Deposits
- Terminate a Lease
- Comply With Property Safety Standards
5. Supervising Responsibilities
- Other Employees: If there are other employees in the property, such as a concierge or security personnel, the Elite Properties is responsible for their work performance.
- Vacant Properties: Elite Properties are also hired to look after vacant properties to make sure there has been no vandalism and to perform routine maintenance. We also make sure contractors and other repairmen are completing their work in a timely manner.
6. Responsible for Managing the Budget/Maintaining Records
Elite Properties are responsible for managing the budget for the building and for maintaining all important records.
- Managing Budget Elite Properties operate within a budget for the building. In certain emergency situations when the occupants (tenants) or physical structure (investment property) are in danger, they may use their judgment to order repairs or likewise without concern for the budget.
- Maintaining Records: Elite Properties keep thorough records regarding each property. This includes all income and expenses; list of all inspections, signed leases, maintenance requests, any complaints, records of repairs, costs of repairs, maintenance costs, record of rent collection and insurance costs.